May 19-20, 2012
Change the World, May 19-20, 2012
Build community locally. Fight malaria globally.
Thank you for participating in Change the World 2011!
Through you, over 2,000 events took place in 15 countries.
Save the date for Change the World 2012: May 19-20, 2012. Register now
how to get involved
Change the World is a global movement of United Methodists doing what they can to improve lives and community. To learn more, see results from 2011
Define your project.Check out the planning tools below to get you started.
Invite your community to multiply your efforts.
Learn how to keep the effort growing. Register now
Check out these resources to promote your event
Change the World: Be. Go. Do. sermon series
2011 Companion multimedia bundle (includes worship graphics, videos and outreach materials) Order here!
Change the World partners are providing a variety of ways to get you started with a project. Check out these ideas, or create one of your own. Coming soon!
Check out these community service ideas.
- Feed The Hungry (food drive for local food bank, establish food pantry, weekly community meals)
- Clean Up Community Work Day (Beautification or Green & Clean)
- Day of Service to low income retirement homes, seniors, homeless shelters & others
- Clean Water Projects (GBGM-UMC.org (a Change-the-World partner), CleanwaterUSA.org)
- Free Health Screenings
- Improvement projects through Public School System
- Raise money for Imagine No Malaria (a night of house parties, car wash, youth sleep outs, basketball tournaments, etc.)
- Habitat for Humanity projects
- Clothing Drive (coats for Kids, Free Yard Sale, establish clothing closet)
- Paint Community Center or playground
- Disaster Relief ( UMCOR, flood buckets, health kits, more relief supply kits)
- Your ideas...
Download event planning tips, social media promotion plan, and suggestions for media coverage with a sample press release. Use Twitter to promote your event.
2010 results from Change the World Weekend
- The very first Change The World weekend occurred April 24-25, 2010.
- More than 100,000 people from over 1,000 churches participated.
- See photos and read about the results at UMC.org/ChangeTheWorld!