United Methodist Communications’ Rethink Church initiative offers partnership grants for media and marketing to United Methodist districts, conferences and clustered churches (3 or more working together) who will engage with their community in outreach ministry events.selection criteria
Applications for these funds will be evaluated by the selection criteria listed below and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis as long as funds are available. Only one grant per year, per applicant. Efforts will be made to distribute funds as equally as possible across the five jurisdictions.
- United Methodist entity, i.e., district, conference or cluster of (3 or more) United Methodist churches.
- Demonstrate community relevance: have clear goals and objectives to meet community needs as identified by demographic research and interviewing other community leaders and organizations to determine needs that may not show up on a consensus report.
- Impact and reach: strive to have significant participation from each congregation and a plan to recruit volunteers from the community.
- Participation from Campus Ministries and youth groups as well as other ages within the congregations/community when applicable.
- Sustainability: will community served by this event continue to have a resource? (Note: Events can build on an existing church ministry or be a launching point for a new ministry for the cluster.)
- Willingness to work in partnership with your annual conference and United Methodist Communications staff on all aspects of the event and will provide any follow-up data or reports required by UMCom
NOTE: All event proposals must be submitted to the Community Events office no less than 3 months before the event date and prior to beginning the online Community Events application process.Help Along The Way Contact the Rethink Church Community Events Team:
Jackie Vaughan, Pam Buck, Lindsey Solomon and Wanda Jackson
Phone: toll free 877-281-6535
Write to us:
United Methodist Communications
P. O. Box 320
Nashville, TN 37202-0320