United Methodism 101 (UM101)
This online course is designed for new United Methodists and anyone wanting to know more about the denomination. Are you a lifelong or long-term Methodist? You may be surprised at what you can learn about our denomination. The course includes 4 modules that contain many interactive features. Each module takes about 1 hour to complete. You can move through the modules at your own pace.
Click here for a preview.
- Cost: $9.99
- 2014 Course Dates
- January 22 - March 5, 2014
- February 26 - April 9, 2014
- April 2 - May 14, 2014
- May 14 - June 25, 2014
- June 18 - July 30, 2014
- July 23 - September 3, 2014
- September 3 - October 15, 2014
- October 1 - November 12, 2014
- November 5 - December 17, 2014
- A certificate of completion and .5 SACEM CEU are awarded to those meeting the requirements.
What will I learn?
This course is divided into 4 parts. In the course, you’ll explore the following areas of interest:
- United Methodist History
- Theology and Beliefs of the United Methodist Church
- Organization and Governance
- Present and Future Challenges
What can I expect?
This course is interactive. You can move at your own pace. We use discussion forums, quizzes and other activities for a class that’s engaging and hands-on.
How to Register
- Registration will open December 30, 2013.
A limited number of virtual seats are available for this course and are first come, first serve. Seats will no longer be available after the course is full or once the course begins.
Offline Version: United Methodism 101 CD (KIT)
This interactive course blends audio, video, and written materials into a fast-moving learning experience. This kit is ideal for both groups and individuals wanting to increase their understanding of United Methodism. Each kit includes 5 identical CDs and one leader's guide. Additional CDs are available separately.