The application for 2018 New Church Start grants is now CLOSED.
(The 2019 application will be open sometime in the first quarter of the new year.)
NEW FOCUS FOR 2018 GRANTS
We realize there are many new church communities forming and they want to make their presence known in the community. In an effort to help as many churches as possible, we have restructured our 2018 New Church Grants. Our emphasis for this grant is focused on community outreach and establishing your presence in the community. We are asking new church applicants to identify at least two (2) community events that they will attend in order to promote their new church. Our grant specialists will work with you to identify promotional materials that will fit your needs to best market your church to the community.
New Church Start grants are a one-time, non-monetary grant awarded to new faith communities within the first five (5) years of their launch.
To be eligible for a New Church Start Grant, we ask that your church meet the following criteria:
- Must be a United Methodist Church sanctioned by your annual conference as a new church start.
- Must fall under the definition of a new church start as outlined by Path 1 at the General Board of Discipleship (Learn more)
- Must be a new church community, or a newly organized place of worship for making disciples of Jesus Christ (grants are not provided for 2nd services of established UM churches)
- Must be within the first five (5) years of development
- Must develop a core leadership team, a communications strategy and other systems for sustainability
- Must be willing to have a church presence at two (2) community events in 2018
- Must be willing to complete an online follow-up evaluation
- Must provide photos showing use of grant items (ex. attendance at a local event, use of promotional items, etc.)
All grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
APPLY NOW / SOLICITE (Applications for 2018 grants are now closed. The 2019 application will be open sometime in the first quarter of the new year.)
Examples of Promotional Items Available
- coffee mugs
- travel mugs
- water bottles
- coffee sleeves or koozies
- tote bags
- yard signs
- and more!
All items can be customized with your church name, church logo, and your church website (your Facebook or Find-A-Church URL can be used if you do not yet have a website).
Some of the larger items can display your church slogan if it fits the specifications of the item. You can also choose the color you want to match your churches identity (depending on the colors that are available for an item).
For more information, email email@example.com.
How to make you church website visitor-friendly
Your church website is the new front door for your church. More and more, people are checking out locations online first before visiting in person—particularly young adults. Listen
How to get started with Facebook ads - Part 2
This episode of the MyCom Church Marketing Podcast is the second of two parts on Facebook advertising, and today our guest is Alejandro Reyes. Alejandro is the genius behind Church... Listen