NEW FOCUS FOR 2017 GRANTS
We realize there are many new church communities forming and they want to make their presence known in the community. In an effort to help as many churches as possible, our 2017 New Church Grants focus on the need for promotional marketing items.
This is a one time grant of $2500 to pick out promotional items (see examples of items below). United Methodist Communications designs, purchases, and ships items to your church.
To be eligible for a New Church Start Grant, we ask that your church meet the following criteria:
- Must be a United Methodist faith community
- Must fall under the definition of a new church start as outlined by Path 1 at the General Board of Discipleship (Learn more)
- Must be a new church community, or a newly organized place of worship for making disciples of Jesus Christ (grants are not provided for 2nd services of established UM churches)
- Must be within the first 5 years of development
- Must develop a core leadership team, a communications strategy and other systems for sustainability
- Must be willing to provide a follow-up evaluation and photos about use of grant (ex. attendance, use of resources, quotes, etc.)
All grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Promotional Items Available
- coffee mugs
- travel mugs
- water bottles
- coffee sleeves or koozies
- tote bags
- yard signs
- and more!
All items can be customized with your church name, church logo, and your church website (your Facebook or Find-A-Church URL can be used if you do not yet have a website). The brand promise logo must be included on all items purchased with grant funds.
Some of the larger items can display your church slogan if it is short. You can also choose the color you want to match your churches identity (depending on the colors that are available for an item).
For more information, email email@example.com.