The 2018 application will be open soon. If you would like to be alerted when the application is open, please email us at email@example.com.
NEW FOCUS FOR 2018 GRANTS
We realize there are many new church communities forming and they want to make their presence known in the community. In an effort to help as many churches as possible, we are restructuring our 2018 New Church Grants.
New Church Start grants are a one-time, non-monetary grant awarded to new faith communities within the first five (5) years of their launch.
To be eligible for a New Church Start Grant, we ask that your church meet the following criteria:
- Must be a United Methodist faith community
- Must fall under the definition of a new church start as outlined by Path 1 at the General Board of Discipleship (Learn more)
- Must be a new church community, or a newly organized place of worship for making disciples of Jesus Christ (grants are not provided for 2nd services of established UM churches)
- Must be within the first 5 years of development
- Must be sanctioned by their annual conference as a new church start
- Must develop a core leadership team, a communications strategy and other systems for sustainability
- Must be willing to complete an online follow-up evaluation and provide photos showing use of grant items (ex. attendance, use of resources, quotes, etc.)
All grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
APPLY NOW (COMING SOON!)
Examples of Promotional Items Available
- coffee mugs
- travel mugs
- water bottles
- coffee sleeves or koozies
- tote bags
- yard signs
- and more!
All items can be customized with your church name, church logo, and your church website (your Facebook or Find-A-Church URL can be used if you do not yet have a website).
Some of the larger items can display your church slogan if it fits the specifications of the item. You can also choose the color you want to match your churches identity (depending on the colors that are available for an item).
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.