As people spend more time online, social media has become one of the most effective and necessary ways for churches to communicate with their congregations and with potential new members.
According to recent Pew research (March 2018), two-thirds of U.S. adults (68%) are Facebook users and approximately 75% of those users access Facebook every day.
Your church has the opportunity to inform and inspire your congregation on a daily basis through Facebook, but it takes time to plan and post relevant content consistently.
That's where we can help. United Methodist Communications has partnered with Burlap Media to offer it's WEAVE social media services. Chris Folmsbee, Director of Discipleship at Church of the Resurrection, is one of the principals of Burlap Media. His 20-plus years of ministry leadership experience have positioned him to create engaging and inspiring social media content to share on your church’s Facebook page.
What do you get?
Eligible United Methodist churches may receive a grant that will provide the following for a year:
- Six Facebook posts weekly (Monday–Saturday) that will keep your page active and engaging and help connect your church with your community.
- Post times will be optimized using Facebook best practices.
- One-year term per church subscription ($180 value).
- Must be a United Methodist congregation.
- Must have a staff person or volunteer who will use this year learning how to manage social media.
- Church provides monthly analytics and performance reports to UMCOM.
- Must attend Burlap orientation webinar or watch replay prior to enrollment.
- Limited availability. Application required
What happens when the grant period ends?
Your church will either need to renew the subscription with Burlap or be able to manage your own social media going forward.
Thank you for your interest in the social media grant! We have filled all available spots for 2018. Please add your name to our waitlist. We will notify you by August 2019 to let you know if we will move forward with this grant in 2019.
Questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org