United Methodist Communications Receives Industry Awards
United Methodist Communications
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 22, 2015
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: United Methodist Communications staff members have received numerous industry awards in recent weeks, including Best Animated Video from PR Daily for an educational video about Ebola translated into 16 indigenous African languages and honors from the Associated Church Press.
United Methodist Communications staff received Christian Press Awards from the Associated Church Press in the following categories:
- Feature article: News Service/website/blog – Award of Merit (2nd) to United Methodist News Service for “Scars and Hope Emerging from Schaefer Trial” by Kathy L. Gilbert (tie with Presbyterian News Service)
- In Depth Coverage: News Service/website/blog – Award of Merit to United Methodist News Service for “Coverage of Ebola Outbreak in West Africa” by Kathy L. Gilbert
- Personally Useful Article: All media – Honorable mention (3rd) to United Methodist Communications/UMC.org for “Beyond New Year’s Resolutions – Make ‘Faithful Intentions’ by Laurens Glass
- Personally Useful Article: All Media – Honorable mention to United Methodist Communications/UMC.org for “Sad at Christmas? Advice for coping with holiday blues” by Joe Iovino
- Single Photo with article or cutline: Newspaper/news service/newsletter/website/blog – Honorable mention to United Methodist News Service for “Desperate Journey” by Mike DuBose (tie with The Christian Chronicle)
PR Daily recently announced winners for PR Daily’s 2014 Video Awards. United Methodist Communications, Chocolate Moose Media and iheed for Populations Affected by Ebola were named top winners in the Best Animated Video category for the video titled “Ebola: A Poem for the Living.” The video, translated into 16 indigenous African languages, was used as an educational tool about Ebola.
About United Methodist Communications
As the communications agency for The United Methodist Church, United Methodist Communications seeks to increase awareness and visibility of the denomination in communities and nations around the globe. United Methodist Communications also offers services, tools, products and resources for communications ministry.
Crystal Caviness email@example.com