United Methodist Communications Announces Reorganization Plan
United Methodist Communications
Office of Public Information
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 4, 2015
Nashville, Tenn.: United Methodist Communications announced a reorganization plan to structurally align its workforce in ways that better support the agency's strategic goals.
"United Methodist Communications has a legacy of communicating faith for the past 75 years," said Dan Krause, who became chief executive of United Methodist Communications in June 2015. "As we embark on a new era, we are creating an updated structure that I believe will make our agency stronger and position us to better live into our mission as we seek to communicate the story and messages of God's work through The United Methodist Church."
Krause said the reorganization should help achieve many goals by positively reshaping the agency to:
• Better align messaging across the agency’s various communication channels, fine-tuning the timing and the audiences to communicate proactively with dynamic content
• Clarify a holistic brand identity for the agency within the United Methodist Church
• Lead United Methodist Communications forward based on strategic initiatives
• Listen to United Methodist members and leaders in order to develop appropriate resources and messages
• More fully embrace the digital world
• Think globally to support the international footprint of The United Methodist Church
• Encourage collaboration across teams
• Better leverage employees' skills across channels and media
The reorganization adds one additional position to the agency's executive team with the promotion of Jennifer Rodia to the newly created position of Chief Communications Officer. Rodia will oversee member communication, seeker advertising and communications, global communications training and development, connectional giving marketing, UMCom.org and productions.
Others on the executive team include Helen Allen, Executive Director, Human Resources; Gary Henderson, Chief Relationship Officer (Central Conference Focus); Danny Mai, Chief Technical Officer; Kay Panovec, Chief Relationship Officer (U.S. Focus); Poonam Patodia, Chief Marketing Officer; Tim Tanton, Executive Director, Global Voices, News and Information; and Sherri Thiel, Chief Strategy and Financial Officer.
No reduction-in-force was associated with the reorganization plan, which takes effect immediately.
About United Methodist Communications
As the communications agency for The United Methodist Church, United Methodist Communications seeks to increase awareness and visibility of the denomination in communities and nations around the globe. United Methodist Communications also offers services, tools, products and resources for communications ministry.
Diane Degnan firstname.lastname@example.org
615.742.5406 (o) 615.483.1765 (c)