Your Church Website: Rethinking Your New Front Door
Your Church Website focuses on going beyond just having a church website to effectively implementing a broader online presence. We will cover the tools to plan, build, and launch a successful online strategy that helps people connect with your church in a new way. With people living a big part of their lives online, what does this transition to an online world mean for the church?
This course will cover the basics of creating your church website. However, this course also looks at going beyond just having a church website focusing on how to effectively implement a broader online presence. By engaging your audience online first, you extend your reach beyond Sunday services and expose your audience to your message before they visit your church.
- Upon successful completion, you will receive 1 ALLLM CEU.
Course Start Date:
The online course session for Your Church Website: Rethinking Your New Front Door” has concluded for 2016. We are currently working on the 2017 online training schedule and will post the dates online after it is complete. Please check back periodically for updates
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of a church website
- Identify your website’s target audience
- Craft the goal of your website and your overall message
- Explain the importance of a consistent brand
- Develop content for a church website
- Develop and design content in a WordPress website.
In this course, you will:
- Begin building a WordPress site
- Navigate WordPress
- Create posts and pages in WordPress
- Develop menus and proper page structure
- Develop a preliminary plan with a purpose and goals for establishing a web ministry.
- Access resources, training and support through United Methodist Communications and its web and internet technology sites, forums and events.
What can I expect?
- You will have access to the online course for one year starting from the day you register.
- A course moderator will assist you with questions within the course.
- You will receive 8 weeks of free WordPress hosting. If you wish to continue after the 8 weeks, a fee will be charged depending on what level you choose.
Click here for plans and pricing.
Note: If you have a different type of website and are interested in UMCom moving that to the WordPress platform, there is an additional charge for moving files to a WordPress platform. For more information, please go to www.umcchurches.org.
Who should participate?
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to develop a web presence to support the ministry of a church, district, conference, or other organization. Participants should be able to:
- Connect to the Internet and navigate to specific websites;
- Use computers and software programs to type, copy and paste text;
- Upload and download files.