Tools For Increasing Your Church’s Vitality
"Tools for Increasing Your Church’s Vitality” is aimed at increasing the understanding of what makes a vital congregation and why that’s important, as well as how to transform your congregation into one that is more vital. By examining the five common behaviors of highly vital congregations, pastoral leadership, lay leadership, worship, small groups, and service and mission, this online course will provide you with tools to take your congregation to increased vitality.
Download the course overview and syllabus (PDF, 225KB)
- Cost: $49.99
- Upon successful completion, learners are awarded 2 ALLLM CEU.
2016 Course Dates:
- January 20 - March 2, 2016 - [Registration open Jan 4 - Jan. 19, 2016]
- March 9 - April 20, 2016 - [Registration open Feb 8 - March 8, 2016]
- May 4 - June 15, 2016 - [Registration open April 4 - May 3, 2016]
- July 6 - August 17, 2016 - [Registration open Jun. 6 - July 5, 2016]
- September 7 - October 19, 2016 - [Registration open Aug. 8 - Sept. 6, 2016]
How to register?
A limited number of virtual seats are available for this course and are first come, first serve. Seats will no longer be available after the course is full or once the course begins. Please make note, in Section 3, Worship, you will be asked to attend another church service to review a different worship style. This can be done in any of the six weeks. This does not have to be completed in a Sunday morning service. You can attend any type of service, any day of the week you are available.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of having a vital congregation.
- Examine their effectiveness in Pastoral Leadership, including sharing their vision with their congregation and setting goals for their congregation.
- Examine their effectiveness in Lay Leadership, including involving more laity as church leaders and ensure the development of laypeople in leadership roles.
- Examine the effectiveness of their worship experience, including how inspiring it is and the types of services offered in their congregation.
- Examine the effectiveness of their use of small groups, including how many small groups there are and the number of children and youth programs offered through their church.
- Examine how involved their congregation is in local and global missions and be able to explain the importance of outreach.
- Set goals for their church in the five following areas: Average Weekly Attendance, Professions of Faith, Small Groups, Members in Mission and Dollars Given to Mission.
- Create a comprehensive vital plan that examines if the 16 vital strategies have been implemented and if they have been effectively implemented. If they haven’t been implemented, the plan will include dates for the strategies, not yet completed, to be implemented.
What can I expect?
This online course allows learners to complete the 6-week schedule at their own pace, at their convenience.
In the course, you will
- Read information,
- Explore multimedia materials,
- Engage in discussion forums,
- Complete assignments,
- Take quizzes, and
- Share feedback.
The online training, Tools for Increasing Your Church’s Vitality, is based on the book,
Vital: Churches Changing Communities and the World by Jorge Acevedo.
We had a live Q&A netcast featuring the Rev. Jorge Acevedo, whose book, “Vital: Churches Changing Communities and the World" is the backbone of our newest online course, "Tools for Increasing Your Church’s Vitality."