Step 2: Perception & Needs
Now that Your Marketing Plan Team has:
Completed Step 1: Values & Vision and has identified your church’s:
- Key Messaging/Elevator Statement
It's time to take the second step to focus on perception and needs. This step will help your Marketing Team identify:
- Perception: Understand the church's view of itself and the community's view Take a church survey to help gather this information.
- Needs: Open your eyes to your congregation and community's needs. Research the community profile, perhaps take a community survey. Then determine if your church already has resources/abilities to meet those needs or if new ministries need to be developed.
STEP 2: WHAT'S INVOLVED
- Action Step 1: Congregational Survey or Team/Committee/Group Interview
- Action Step 2: Newer Member Focus Groups
- Action Step 3: Community Survey or Community Member Gatherings
Marketing Plan Deliverables
- Congregational Survey Results or Interview Summaries Report
- Focus Group Summaries Report
- Community Survey Report or Community Member Gatherings Report