Evaluation Adjustment Resources
Here is a brief summary of a variety of ways to track and evaluate the progress of a goal, objective or tactic. These are common methods used by churches.
Specific methods include:
- Focus groups/community forums/panels
- Media analysis: analysis of mentions about your church in the media
- Web site analysis: analysis of visitors to a Web site, pages viewed, etc.
- Mail/phone/online analysis: analysis of letters, calls, online inquiries
- Track attendance, financial giving and much more using church management software
- Tracking attendance and/or comment cards (from services, events, etc.)
Tracking/evaluation tip: To determine how something has changed/progressed throughout time, you’ll need to do an initial study (benchmark) and document those results. Then, at a later time (based on your goals/objectives), you’ll want to go back and repeat the study and compare/contrast those results to the initial study. You’ll see the change (positive or negative) and you can adjust or write new goals/objectives for the future.
Download Step Five:
- Evaluation and Adjustment: Time For a Tune-up? Or All Systems Go
Church Marketing Plan Worksheet - Complete Document