"Missional Storytelling: Creating a Culture of Generosity"
The online Connectional Giving course provides church leaders a holistic and biblical view of generosity. The course empowers participants to become missional storytellers who can inspire others to give generously by sharing inspiring, compelling stories.
- Cost: Free
- Upon successful completion, learners are awarded .5 ALLLM CEU.
Course Start Date:
- Registration for this course is now open and is ongoing. There is no start and end date to the Connectional Giving course.
- One year access starting from the day you register.
How to Register
What will I learn?
This course is composed of three sections:
- Why we give: explores the biblical and theological basis for giving.
- The United Methodist Connection: understand more about how The United Methodist Church is a connectional church
- Creating a culture of generosity: learn how missional storytelling impacts giving and how to ask others to contribute gifts as well as prayers, time, talents and witness
You'll learn how to be a “missional storyteller”—describing the difference the church makes in the world and how giving impacts that. You'll also understand how to “make the ask” in your congregation.
Additional information and resources about giving
Go to www.UMCgiving.org to learn more about apportioned and designated funds. On this website you can also:
- Read stories and watch videos about the ministries supported through our United Methodist giving.
- Access free downloads or request brochures or other printed materials to use in your local church, district or conference organization.