"Missional Storytelling: Creating a Culture of Generosity"
The online Connectional Giving course provides church leaders a holistic and biblical view of generosity. The course empowers participants to become missional storytellers who can inspire others to give generously by sharing inspiring, compelling stories.
- Cost: Free
- Upon successful completion, learners are awarded .5 ALLLM CEU.
Course Start Date:
The online course session for "Connectional Giving” has concluded for 2016. We are currently working on the 2017 online training schedule and will post the dates online after it is complete. Please check back periodically for updates
What will I learn?
This course is composed of three sections:
- Why we give: explores the biblical and theological basis for giving.
- The United Methodist Connection: understand more about how The United Methodist Church is a connectional church
- Creating a culture of generosity: learn how missional storytelling impacts giving and how to ask others to contribute gifts as well as prayers, time, talents, and witness
You'll learn how to be a “missional storyteller”—describing the difference the church makes in the world and how giving impacts that. You'll also understand how to “make the ask” in your congregation.
Additional information and resources about giving
Go to www.UMCgiving.org to learn more about apportioned and designated funds. On this website you can also:
- Read stories and watch videos about the ministries supported through our United Methodist giving.
- Access free downloads or request brochures or other printed materials to use in your local church, district or conference organization.