What is The Foundation?
The Foundation for United Methodist Communications generates funds to inform, inspire and engage the people of God. Our Work seeks to strengthen The United Methodist Church and its ministries throughout the world, and to communicate the message of Jesus Christ in a spirit of Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open Doors.
The United Methodist Church leadership is focusing around four (4) areas of collaboration:
- Leadership development;
- Creating new churches;
- Ministry to the poor;
- Stamping out diseases of poverty.
United Methodist Communications is an agency that values:
- Making disciples for Jesus Christ
- Strengthening our connectional ministry
- Leading the global church in using the most effective means of communication
- Listening to people, the church, and the world, in order to communicate messages that inform, inspire, and engage as we share the love of God
- Promoting truth and justice in all aspects of our ministry
- Welcoming the gifts of all people, and ensuring that our products and services reflect our diversity and inclusiveness
- Fostering innovation and creativity
- Leading and working locally, nationally, and globally.