News and information
We help tell the story of the Church and provide church leaders and laity with relevant news and information.
United Methodist News Service
United Methodist News Service, which includes UMTV and Central Conference Communications, is the official news agency of The United Methodist Church. By gathering, writing and reporting the news that affects United Methodists around the world, UMNS helps the church tell its story.
In addition to writing and reporting news, UMNS also:
- operates the General Conference newsroom,
- serves as a resource for United Methodist communicators and conference editors,
- provides the UMNS Daily and Weekly Digests in your in-box, and
- offers a variety of timely, newsworthy photographs of United Methodists at work around the world.
United Methodist Communications produces the flagship magazine for United Methodists, Interpreter. Specializing in valuable and actionable articles on spiritual growth, leadership development, ministering to the poor, congregational development and more, Interpreter magazine is a favorite with pastors and members alike. Available in print and digital formats, Interpreter truly represents United Methodists Living Their Faith.
English and Foreign Language Websites
As a leader in global communications, United Methodist Communications’ ministries include the denominational website for members, seekers and pastors, UMC.org. It provides communications resources, support and advice for church leaders and members on its agency site, UMCOM.org. Additionally, the agency offers news and resources for Spanish, Korean and French-speaking United Methodists on the respective websites, Hispanic/Latino UMC, United Methodists in Service – Korean, and French UMC. These sites link lay and clergy leaders in local United Methodist churches with their counterparts in other congregations as well as those serving in district and annual conference offices and in general agencies of The United Methodist Church. The sites are the go-to source of information for United Methodists around the world and those interested in learning more about The United Methodist Church.
InfoServ, a ministry of United Methodist Communications, is the official information service of The United Methodist Church. In a year, InfoServ responds to more than 13, 000 emails, more than 14,000 telephone calls, and more than 1,500 requests for information packets.
InfoServ can assist you with:
- locating active and retired pastors and church leaders,
- researching and provide historical and statistical data about the church,
- clarifying the denomination's position on such topics as Holy Communion, baptism, worship and social issues,
- learning what The United Methodist Church is doing in response to issues such as war, disaster, poverty, etc.,
- identifying mission opportunities through service or financial gifts,
- understanding how your financial gifts support the ministries, mission and outreach of the church,
- suggesting resources available for new and experienced leaders,
- learning about the services, resources and staff available through United Methodist agencies.
UMC Videos focus on stories of hope, providing features on people making a difference and facing the moral and ethical challenges confronting society. Its goal is to offer secular news producers, directors and assignment editors easy access to meaningful spiritual content for their shows.