News and information
We help tell the story of the Church and provide church leaders and laity with relevant news and information.
United Methodist News Service
United Methodist News Service is the official news agency of The United Methodist Church. By gathering, writing and reporting the news that affects United Methodists around the world, UMNS helps the church tell its story.
In addition to writing and reporting news, UMNS also:
- operates the General Conference newsroom,
- serves as a resource for United Methodist communicators and conference editors,
- provides the UMNS Daily and Weekly Digests in your in-box,
- provides news of the global church by working with communicators in Central Conferences, and
- offers a variety of timely, newsworthy photographs of United Methodists at work around the world.
InfoServ, a ministry of United Methodist Communications, is the official information service of The United Methodist Church. In a year, InfoServ responds to more than 13, 000 emails, more than 14,000 telephone calls, and more than 1,500 requests for information packets.
InfoServ can assist you with:
- locating active and retired pastors and church leaders,
- researching and provide historical and statistical data about the church,
- clarifying the denomination's position on such topics as Holy Communion, baptism, worship and social issues,
- learning what The United Methodist Church is doing in response to issues such as war, disaster, poverty, etc.,
- identifying mission opportunities through service or financial gifts,
- understanding how your financial gifts support the ministries, mission and outreach of the church,
- suggesting resources available for new and experienced leaders,
- learning about the services, resources and staff available through United Methodist agencies.
UMC Videos focus on stories of hope, providing features on people making a difference and facing the moral and ethical challenges confronting society. Its goal is to offer secular news producers, directors and assignment editors easy access to meaningful spiritual content for their shows.